[ Smilies | BBCodes 
Wikipedia idiots, Let's talk about it
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

vecchiaguardia
Posted: July 21, 2013 03:42 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Super Mod

Ok I've really have it enough with these dorks of italian wikipedia...
Only registered users can see pictures
Registrati o Entra nel forum!

As you already know, every now and then some jerks add made-up biographic infos about Maria Tedeschi, or Vera Drudi, or Dolores CalÚ etc. etc.

The best part? Whenever you try to delete that stuff, they block you and call you a vandal, because on wikipedia it's vandalism when you delete an information not replacing it with another one. That info was false? Well, nobody gives a shit, apparently...

Now they also claim that some infos about Maria and Alessandro Tedeschi (like they were both born in St. Petersburg!) are true, because there's a source. Wanna know what source? Okpedia! No, it's not a joke, sadly...

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Johan Melle
Posted: July 28, 2013 09:12 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Incredible! I don't really have any experience with trying to delete stuff from wikipedia but isn't there some kind of discussion page where you can argue why the info should be deleted?

I don't even know what okpedia is but surely are no real sources for any of the bullshit info about Vera Drudi, Teresa Rossi Passante, Margherita Horowitz etc. Isn't it also possible to mark passages as unsourced?

PMEmail Poster
Adv
Adv

vecchiaguardia
Posted: August 03, 2013 03:15 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

I just don't know, but it seems that now the thing is fixed... I've found some moderator (or whatever they call 'em) with common sense, and if you look at those pages now, all that crap is no longer present.

Johan Melle
Posted: August 03, 2013 08:01 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Great! I'm glad you've been able to get this fixed! A lot of people believe everything that it written on Wikipedia so I'm glad this crap information has been removed!

PS: Can you also try to do something about the wikipedia page of Teresa Rossi Passante, which is full of dubious information without any sources to back it up?

PMEmail Poster

vecchiaguardia
Posted: August 23, 2013 01:47 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Johan Melle @ Sabato, 03-Ago-2013, 19:01)
Great! I'm glad you've been able to get this fixed! A lot of people believe everything that it written on Wikipedia so I'm glad this crap information has been removed!

PS: Can you also try to do something about the wikipedia page of Teresa Rossi Passante, which is full of dubious information without any sources to back it up?

I've also deleted those infos about Teresa... now we'll se if some dick will rollback.

vecchiaguardia
Posted: November 17, 2013 02:11 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Today I have deleted some weird infos on italian wikipedia page about Maria Mizar... according to these infos, she was born in 1899 (!) and died on 1998, after a long illness etc. etc.

No need to say that all was added by an anonimous member, with no source at all.

Johan Melle
Posted: November 19, 2013 01:03 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Maria Mizar born in 1899? Haha! She was actually a young woman in the late 1960s. She's one of the saloon girls in Il grande silenzio (1968) and I also have some pics of her in a magazine from the same period. 1899! What an idiot!

There is also some bullshit on Giuseppe Marrocco's page about having a son named Gianfranco who appears in Amarcord (1973).

I also suspect that the info about Vittoria Di Silverio is just fantasy. The page for Di Silverio's alleged son Biagio Gambini is certainly complete science fiction!

PMEmail Poster

vecchiaguardia
Posted: November 19, 2013 12:21 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Unbelievable... I've just deleted most of the shit about Vittoria Di Silverio, including the fact that she should be 106 years-old now. I don't know what to do with Biagio Gambini: first of all I've never heard of him, second his pic in that page looks like Sal Borgese to me...??

Johan Melle
Posted: November 19, 2013 06:02 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

The man in the pic is Rodolfo Valadier, actor in many many fotoromanzi and some films. The wikipedia article claims that he is Biagio Gambini and that Rodolfo Valadier was only a pseudonym, that he was a stuntman and that he died in 1986. But none of this is true. In a facebook group dedicated to old fotoromanzi, I found a former actress who is friends with Rodolfo Valadier. She told me that he didn't die in 1986 - in fact he's still alive and healthy and he has nothing to do with this Biagio Gambini person! So it's all complete fantasy!

PMEmail Poster

vecchiaguardia
Posted: November 20, 2013 01:59 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Could you link me that facebook page Johann? I'm trying to delete that stuff but it would be better if I can present some source for my infos.

Thanks.

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll