The shoutbox is currently offline!
   [ Smilies | BBCodes 
Chi l'ha vista morire? (1972)
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Der Hexer
Posted: February 07, 2009 11:22 am
Quote Post

Group: Members

I just watched that movie yesterday and when I looked at imdb I noticed there are a few actors credited, but not identified in this (at least at imdb).

Sandro Grinfa is one but I found a pdf of an italian book which said he plays the role of the inspector.

Additionally, Filippo Perego appears in an uncredited role as Bonaiuti's butler.

Vittorio Fanfoni and Luigi Antonio Guerra (both C.S.C.) are credited, but I couldn't spot any of them.

The other actors who are not identified at imdb and who I could not identify with a simple google search are:

Giovanni Forti Rosselli
Georg Willing
Carlo Hollesch

There are also three roles that are so big that they could/should be credited:
- the father of the other dead girl
- the table tennis guy
- the curly young man carrying a cane (two canes, that is)

According to google, Georg Willing is from Germany (I already guessed that from his name) and was engaged to a model named Donyale Luna.
But unfortunately there were no pictures of him. However, he has a few other credits at imdb, so maybe someone knows who he is.

And as Giovanni Forti Rosselli is credited along with Nicoletts Elmi and Rosemarie Lindt, I guess his role shouldn't be that small/unimportant - so he COULD be the curly young man.

So, does anyone of you have an idea who could be who?

I'll try to post some screenshots later.

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: February 07, 2009 11:42 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Super Mod

One interesting thing is how the credits on the Italian and English versions list the actors in different order (for example, Rosemarie Lindt is credited much more prominently in the English version).

I have The Count of Monte-Cristo (1975) with Georg Willing, and also a scan of him from Annuario degli attori 1972 that Tibor sent to me a while ago. I can post some photos of Willing later. He is a young, handsome man who should be fairly easy to recognize but I have looked and looked for him in Chi l'ha vista morire? and I am not able to find him anywhere!

Sandro Grinfa is credited in a few other films so it should be possible to verify if he plays inspector or not. Rosselli and Hollesch don't have any other credits (at least not on the IMDb) so they are much more difficult to identify...

PMEmail Poster
Adv
Adv

Der Hexer
Posted: February 07, 2009 12:26 pm
Quote Post

So this could be another case of those films where actors are credited but do not appear (like Serafino Profumo in "Passi di danza..." for example) - I also do not remember seeing an unidentified young, handsome man.

If he really doesn't appear, an explanation could be that due to the fact that this is a German co-production, a certain number of German cast members must be credited according to some kind of contract.
In the early 70's German co-productions with other European countries got some special financiation or had to pay less taxes or something like that.
So maybe there had to be a certain number of Germans involved to qualify the film as a real co-production.
That COULD mean that Carlo Hollesch (who COULD be German too) also is just a credit for this and does not appear.

On the other hand, that would make at least one of the unidentified bigger roles I mentioned an uncredited one.

It would be interesting though, to see pictures of Georg Willing - to make sure he does not appear in the movie.

PMEmail Poster

Der Hexer
Posted: February 07, 2009 12:50 pm
Quote Post

The father of the other dead girl:
Only registered users can see links
Registrati o Entra nel forum!

The table tennis guy:

The curly young man:

Sandro Grinfa (?):

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: February 07, 2009 01:22 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

I think you are right about the thing with the German co-production. For the German co-producers to agree to invest money, the film was obliged to use some German actors (at least two). This is very common and we see it in all films that are co-productions with either Spain, France, Germany etc. The German actors used in this Chi l'ha vista morire? are of course Peter Chatel, Rosemarie Lindt and Georg Willing. It is curious that Willing is no where to be found in the film. We can only speculate why. Maybe it was contract reasons as you say, maybe he had a supporting role that was cut, or maybe he has a scene that exists only in a German version of the film??

But now the pics of him. Here is Tibor's scan of Willing from the Annuario degli attori 1972:

And this is Willing's small role in The Count of Monte-Cristo:

PMEmail Poster

Der Hexer
Posted: February 07, 2009 02:00 pm
Quote Post

Thanks for the pictures and the information.

As far as I know, the film wasn't shown in german cinemas at all. It was first released in Germany on VHS in the 80's - that version is identical to the italian/international versions. However the German dub sounds like it was made for a theatrical release in the 70's. So it was at least planned to be shown in cinemas in Germany. Some other German/Italian co-productions, for example "The Iguana With The Tongue Of Fire", didn't even get a German dub in the first place.

And I am also pretty sure that Georg Willing does not appear indeed, now that I've seen his pictures.

So at least one of the three unknown actors I posted is uncredited.

So, do you have any idea about one of them, Johan? Or somebody else?

The curly guy seems a bit familiar to me - but I don't know where I've ssen him.
Only registered users can see pictures

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: February 07, 2009 02:18 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

OK. Thanks for confirming that the German VHS (released as THE CHILD, I think) is the same in content as the international versions.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time that an actor is credited but nowhere to be seen in the film.

No, sorry, I don't know who any of these unknown actors could be. I have wondered about the same thing myself but I sort of gave up on trying to identify them since I couldn't find any other films where they are credited...
Only registered users can see pictures

PMEmail Poster

Rogerio Ferraz
Posted: February 07, 2009 03:43 pm
Quote Post

I just did a bit of search and found out that Giovanni Forti Rosselli was also an Italian writer, activist and journalist - corrispondente da New York per l'Espresso. According to many sources, he died in 92, when he was 38, after a long battle agains Aids. Assuming he was born in 54, and obviously if hes the same person were talking about, my guess is that he MAY be the young curly man pictured above.

Here are some links, including an interview with his mother, Silvia Rosselli, and a book written by his former companion, the american journalist Brett Shapiro, about his relationship with Giovanni.

PMEmail Poster

Der Hexer
Posted: February 07, 2009 04:27 pm
Quote Post

That's interesting, thank you very much - if he's the same person, he MUST be the curly boy. The place in the credits plus his age - that would match.
So, we don't have proof yet, but it seems very likely.

PMEmail Poster

Der Hexer
Posted: February 07, 2009 04:31 pm
Quote Post

Another link I found:

He seems to be better known as Giovanni Forti.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll