Home    Help      Search      Members      Calendar  

Sat 18-08-18 - 18:47 G.P. -- Thank you Mauro!!
Sat 18-08-18 - 18:13 Ciavazzaro -- Yeah and we have so much more ! I begin to be a fotoromanzi fan too lol !
Sat 18-08-18 - 18:12 Emiliano -- I saw that you discovered hundreds of them ohmy.gif
Sat 18-08-18 - 18:09 Ciavazzaro -- You are doing an amazing work, and we have so many generici i understand it is hard lol !
Sat 18-08-18 - 17:37 Emiliano -- I'm still busy creating miniatures. It's a rather long job. Especially for how to insert them in the forum.
Tue 14-08-18 - 22:27 Ciavazzaro -- welcome to the forum G.P.
Mon 13-08-18 - 17:55 G.P. -- la commessa
Mon 13-08-18 - 14:42 Ciavazzaro -- Hello !
Mon 13-08-18 - 14:13 vecchiaguardia -- Hey what's up? tongue.gif
Fri 10-08-18 - 14:26 Emiliano -- thumbsup.gif
Fri 10-08-18 - 12:09 Emiliano -- prova shoutbox
   [ Smilies | BBCodes 
Pictures That Don't Work
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Johan Melle
Posted: October 02, 2011 01:53 am
Quote Post

Serial killer

Group: Moderators

Unfortunately, some pictures uploaded to Imageshack or other similar sites sometimes stop working after a while, and this is a little annoying.

I save all of the screenshots I post here so when I notice that some of my pics are not working I edit the original post with a new photo link that works. But there are other pics that don't work too, and I don't know if everyone else here saves all their pics or not.

Does anyone have a good idea for a solution to this problem? Maybe we should have some sort of archive to save all the pics and filmographies just in case! Any opinions on this?
Only registered users can see pictures
Registrati o Entra nel forum!

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: October 02, 2011 12:46 pm
Quote Post

Murderer

Group: Admin

Well I must admit that I have saved up to 2010 all the pictures posted by everyone, but then for known problems, I was not no longer able to do so. Just recently I was beginning to save the images posted by a year now. But this is a long work and I can dedicate to the forum no more than a couple of hours a day and not every day.

To resolve this situation I've these solutions:

1) Have a forum and some space for snapshots in a hosting for a fee, with a database MySQL to uploading directly "on the forum" the images.

2) Unlimited space on a hosting for a fee to upload the images and mantain this forum for free - with the usuals problems that we know: sometimes it is not accessible; less visibility due to not having a domain.

PMEmail Poster
Adv
Adv

Johan Melle
Posted: October 02, 2011 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Serial killer

QUOTE (Emiliano @ October 02, 2011 10:46 am)
Just recently I was beginning to save the images posted by a year now. But this is a long work and I can dedicate to the forum no more than a couple of hours a day and not every day.

Yes, I know! It's a BIG work with so many pictures! But l have saved all my own images and also some others. I will try to use some time to save other images too!
In the meantime I will try to replace all pics that I can that are not working. Hopefully some others too have saved their pics and can update the posts where the pics are not working

PMEmail Poster

Ghibarian
Posted: October 02, 2011 03:35 pm
Quote Post

Murderer

I have not a solution, but I think I've almost all my screenshots saved.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Johan Melle
Posted: October 02, 2011 03:46 pm
Quote Post

Serial killer

Well, maybe this topic can be used to signalize about pictures that are not working?? Just an idea...

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: October 02, 2011 04:16 pm
Quote Post

Murderer

I've found out a forum service for free where we can upload an unlimited number of images directly in the forum (unlimited space and database). No more imageshack!! The service is on altervista.org!

The problem is that all images should be re-posted or maybe not...

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: October 02, 2011 04:38 pm
Quote Post

Murderer

It's look like this
Only registered users can see links

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: October 02, 2011 05:04 pm
Quote Post

Serial killer

That looks nice but I'm not 100% sure if I understand.
Do you mean we should reproduce all the post from this forum there? Or do you mean it as a kind of backup-place where all the images can be stored safely?
Sorry if I'm asking silly questions

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: October 02, 2011 06:18 pm
Quote Post

Murderer

I mean you could stop using this forum and use that to have the ability to upload images directly on the forum without the hassle of having to use imageshack.

Unfortunately this forum can not be transferred directly to that other because they use different programming, so if we want to get back all images we must re-post them. But it's not necessary to put them all now. You could do a little 'at a time. Or we can find an alternative. Surely having two forums simultaneously is not a thing to do.

However, the only sure way to save images is to keep them even in their hard drives .But with this new forum, should not there be the possibility that the images after a while 'disappear'. I am currently testing the new forum to see what problems might have.

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: October 02, 2011 07:50 pm
Quote Post

Serial killer

Okay. I also don't think that two forums simultaneously is the thing to do. But you can continue to test it out and see how it work, and in the meantime I suggest that we try to re-post our pics that don't work here, and we can notify each other of missing pics here?

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll