The shoutbox is currently offline!
   [ Smilies | BBCodes 
L'iguana dalla lingua di fuoco (1971)
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Der Hexer
Posted: June 16, 2011 01:30 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members

Ruth Durley plays the role of Luigi Pistilli's mother, you can find photos of her on this site, just type her name in the field and search:

Only registered users can see links
Registrati o Entra nel forum!

At first i thought the housekeeper might be Bianca Doria, but now I don't think so anymore.

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: June 16, 2011 02:25 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Admin

Do you mean this Ruth Dudley?
Only registered users can see links

Only registered users can see pictures

PMEmail Poster
Adv
Adv

Ciavazzaro
Posted: June 16, 2011 02:27 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Super Mod

Sorry im not able to found the right point,could you put the link to her photos ?
And by the way great discovery !

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: June 16, 2011 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Yes, Ruth Durley (nor Ruth Dudley) is indeed Pistilli's mother. Actually, I think almost all the supporting actors are Irish and not Italian.

PMEmail Poster

Der Hexer
Posted: June 17, 2011 10:39 am
Quote Post

Same as with Greek actors in "Passi di morte...", I think.

But at least in this film, all credited actors actually appear. Maybe some other actors and actresses can be identified, there are some roles which are not that small but remain uncredited. If I ever get to see an Irish film from the 70's, I'll definietly watch out if there's a familiar face.

PMEmail Poster

ex-fandessixtes
Posted: July 05, 2011 10:41 am
Quote Post

Arthur O'Sullivan (also credited) seems to have been a well known Irish actor. However his "official" film resumé leaves this film out. Maybe the actors who worked on the film collected their paychecks and thought the film had never been released. A lot of it does seem to have been shot in Ireland, the interiors as well.

And yes, it does seem likely that quite some of the supporting cast is Irish rather than Italian.

Dagmar Lassander told me that the film was shot in Ireland, she was there when they did, and also it was shot by Riccardo Freda, as some places have claimed that he didn't direct the film (and thats why he used the name Willy Pareto for the film). Also there is a rumour that Freda said he didn't direct one of his films in the 70s - but which one? Not this one? And not Tragic Ceremony - because Camille Keaton remembers him.

PMEmail Poster

ex-fandessixtes
Posted: July 05, 2011 10:46 am
Quote Post

And the same with Lucio Fulci's New York Ripper - a lot of the supporting actors are American - and not all are credited or their names are spelt incorrectly. The black nurse at the end appararently is Fulci's last wife, Violetta, according to Rita Agostini. But all the scenes in the police station are shot in New York, I spoke to Paul E. Guskin, who plays Samuel the black police desk desk sergeant and he remembered the film.
Lots of British actors uncredited in Una lucertola con la pelle di donna - which clearly was shot in London.
Another film with a lot of uncredited (British and otherwise) actors is DORIAN GRAY (Il dio chiamato Dorian), although thats not a giallo.

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: July 06, 2011 09:39 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (ex-fandessixtes @ July 05, 2011 08:46 am)
And the same with Lucio Fulci's New York Ripper - a lot of the supporting actors are American - and not all are credited or their names are spelt incorrectly. The black nurse at the end appararently is Fulci's last wife, Violetta, according to Rita Agostini.

I remember reading somewhere that Fulci was dating a psychiatrist lady at the time he made this film and that she became a bit shocked when she saw the film. Is the psychiatrist Fulci was dating the woman who plays the nurse then??

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll