[ Smilies | BBCodes 
Build a site like wikipedia?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Emiliano
  Posted: August 24, 2018 02:07 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Admin

I'm studying a project like wikipedia, in a server dedicated. This would save a lot of work.

Advantages:
1) image uploaded directly to the site.
2) All registered users can enter the movie in the filmography (if necessary moderators can correct and restore it using the chronologies).
3) The images will no longer disappear.
4) No obligation to upload images to imageshack (you skip a passage)

Disadvantages:
1) less friendly interface
2) you need to learn the new language (it is a bit 'difficult, but in a week you can).
3) we have to do it all over again

PMEmail Poster

Ciavazzaro
Posted: August 24, 2018 02:44 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Super Mod

Talking both about advantages and disvantages.

To make everything again, i love so much doing this, that i would accept that to save our hard work.

But about less friendly interface, what do you mean ? because if the website became a technical thing without possibility of Exchange and discussion between users it would be a problem, because the great thing is that having the possibility to talk directly in a forum , we are a lot of better in identify generici/generiche because we can ask another member if he can search for a movie and so on , so if the new website became a thing like an aseptic database without possibility of discussion, we would not work so well like we are doing now.

PMEmail Poster
Adv
Adv

Emiliano
Posted: August 24, 2018 02:52 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

The big problem is right here. With a system like wikipedia, the exchange of opinions becomes truly aseptic.

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: August 24, 2018 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Today I've contacted the Invision Power Board official technicians. They start to $ 870 to $ 1750 to migrate the forum. They are crazy.

PMEmail Poster

Ciavazzaro
Posted: August 24, 2018 03:08 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

To migrate you mean take all the forum discussions and images on another website ?
I think we can found more economic way to save our work, for example i know is very artigianal but i am saving old topics by putting them on word pad, i noticed that when you save them two times they are saved on the document on your computer in the same way they are in the forum, including forum photos but also the "DISCALIE" like the hour,the day, the knife on the left of the discussion, like a perfect photo of the images, the same way i saved dozens of nocturno's pages, that are right now saved on a file on my pc.
You just have to click on print the topic and then by making "cut and paste" to put all the topic inside the document in word pad that you will then save on your pc.
So far i saved the pages of around 50 generici in their fullness excluding the last pages of Marocco.

If one day we have to change the forum and go on another system, i think the lesser evil is to continue uploading photos on imageschack, saving the discussion and the forum, because without the discussions between users our work would not be great like today to identify generici.

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: August 24, 2018 03:37 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Yes, the migrate means take all the forum discussions and images on another website without to do it all over again.

The choice at this point is: use another forum and enable all users to upload images directly to the forum. It remains however a specific job of the moderators to insert the titles in the filmographies of the actors.

Advantages remain:
1) images uploaded directly to the site.
2) images will no longer disappear.
3) skip passage on imageshack

Disadvantages:
1) we have to do it all over again
2) we lose all the discussions

PMEmail Poster

Ciavazzaro
Posted: August 24, 2018 04:36 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

I have an idea to save the old discussions, if we go to another forum like this with the same possibility of creating sub-forums , by the method i told you we (or i can, i can be a volunteer for that) cut and paste the old discussion of the forum into the new forum, and we would have to put only the new photos back, i know it would be long, but i think we can make it work, and we would remade the old forum.

Off course we can still talk about that, because this system is not to collapase Tomorrow, because as you told me the chief still have an interest in some other forums, and so it would not be an Emergency to do Tomorrow.

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: August 24, 2018 08:21 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

I was alarmed lately because I always checked the site that provides our hosting service. Until last year there was still someone answering so I was pretty calm. But from the beginning of this year everything is dead. They do not even respond to emergencies. So if there were any malfunctions we would not have anyone to talk to.

PMEmail Poster

Emiliano
Posted: August 24, 2018 08:24 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

If we have to redo a forum, I want to preserve exactly this style. With the subformus. Only the graphics and some functions will necessarily be different. Because this Invision Power Board 1.4 platform disappeared in 2012 and now there are others forum boards with different functions and graphics.

PMEmail Poster

Johan Melle
Posted: August 25, 2018 12:11 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

A Wiki is great for presenting actor profiles and information that has been gathered and displaying pics of roles, but the lack of a possibility to comment and discuss is very negative as it makes it hard to collaborate with identifications etc. In my opinion, a Wiki would only really work as a supplement to this forum - somewhere to publish the info and pics we've gathered and where the pictures won't disappear, but I'm not sure if it's necessarily the best option. Indeed, I'm not sure what the best option is. If we are to start over, I'd like to see the topics from here re-produced in some way, but admittedly not all of the posts are of much relevance. For example, various posts where possible names are discussed, checked and ultimately excluded as not being the person we were searching.

Anyway, I actually have plenty of roles, pics and informations I was planning on posting in the coming days, but should I not publish anything else here then, or.....???

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll